Doucet is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with Land Development,Geospatial, Public Works and Water Resources, Construction Management, Environmental, and Transportation Services. Doucet strives to make a positive difference in the communities we serve and in the lives of our clients and employees.
We are seeking an Instrument Operator to complement our Geospatial team. In this role, you will operate field instrumentation to facilitate the gathering of survey data and provide survey document production support to senior-level staff (S.I.T. or R.P.L.S.). Your role supports all field surveying activity under the direction of the PartyChief.
Complete Survey Work
· Set up and operate field instrumentation to gather survey data in the field.
· Read and interpret maps, deeds, and coordinate sheets.
· Maintain field notes during data collection.
· Facilitate transfer of field data to the AutoCAD environment
· Maintain supply inventory and responsible for equipment/vehicle maintenance.
· Reviews and transmits survey field data daily.
Available for Travel
· May be required to travel out of town & work extended shifts based on project demand.
· Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
Assist Doucet Clients
· Meets utilization (billable hours) targets assigned by the company by providing support for ongoing client projects.
· Establishes professional rapport with clients on-site.
· Promotes professionalism and respect for the company image.
Support Team Environment at Doucet
· Performs other duties and assignments as required and works cooperatively with other employees and supervisors.
· Adheres to company standards.
· Promotes professionalism with respect to company image throughout daily activity.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 2+ years of experience inland surveying field operations using total station and GPS.
· Must be familiar with and have a working knowledge of traversing, coordinate geometry, boundary, topographic, and GPS survey techniques.
· Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods.