Project Manager - PW/WR
Doucet is seeking a growth-oriented Project Manager with strong technical, organizational, and communication skills to complement our Water Resources / Public Works (PW/WR) team. The opportunity to help grow your career and advance in the company is tremendous. As a Project Manager, you will work closely with all levels of management and technical staff in the PW/WR Department, and coordinate with clients, sub-consultants, and other Doucet staff. Existing clients include TWDB, TXGLO, TxDOT, and counties and municipalities across Texas. You will be responsible for the successful execution and completion of planning, analysis, and design projects. Project types include:
• Drainage, stormwater, water supply, and wastewater system design,
• Water quality & LID planning and design,
• Streambank stabilization, fluvial geomorphology, and sediment transport analyses,
• Coastal and watershed-scale master planning,
• FEMA LOMR, CLOMR, PMR coordination,
• Hydrologic and hydraulic analyses (including unsteady-state and 2D),
• Dam analysis and design,
• County and municipal ordinance and design manual development, and
• Development review/flood plain management for government agencies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Delegate and supervise project tasks to PW/WR engineers and technicians.
• Coordinate project duties with other engineers, surveyors, technicians, and staff, and sub-consultants.
• Communicate frequently and effectively with clients, Doucet’s senior management, and project team members consistently by providing updates and progress during all phases of projects.
• Manage multiple concurrent projects and tasks with multi-disciplined teams.
• Attend company meetings, project meetings, and client meetings regularly.
• Prepare proposals and participate in interviews to secure work for the firm.
• Actively participate and present at public involvement meetings, stakeholder meetings, professional organization workshops, conferences, etc.
• Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and maximize opportunities for business growth.
• Understand and follow the company employee handbook, communication guidelines, and mandated safety policies.
• Perform responsibilities in a conscientious, legal, and ethical manner with strong attention to detail.
• Must keep current in job specialty through continuing education.
• Graduate of an accredited college or university with a B.S. in Civil Engineering or master’s emphasis in Water Resources or Environmental Engineering.
• Min. 10 years post-graduate experience in water resources / public works.
• Texas PE License or ability to obtain within 6 months from start date.
• You have a working knowledge of engineering software such as ESRI ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Civil3D, MicroStation, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, InfoWorks ICM, EPA-SWMM.
• You are comfortable working with a team of A-players who are engaged and eager to learn and train others.
• You have leadership skills including communication and collaboration, with the ability to direct technical staff and resolve complex issues.
• You are adaptable. Doucet is a fast-growing company with ambitious goals!
• Excellent benefits including medical, dental, prescription, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, generous paid time off, and holiday pay.
• Doucet has a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and numerous additional benefits.
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
You will love Doucet if:
• You want to be part of a fast-growing, engaged company that is in business to “Create the Difference in the Lives of its Employees, Clients, and Communities".
• You want a company that provides a clear path for advancement and understands the need for balance between your work and home life.