Water Resources Engineer
Doucet is seeking a growth-oriented individual to complement our WaterResources team. As a Water Resources Engineer, you will work closely with theProject Managers, Division Leads, and Technical Staff within our Public Works& Water Resources Department. You will be responsible for the successful completion of H&H and GIS-based tasks as well as client coordination. The opportunity to help grow your career and advance in the company is tremendous. Project types and duties include hydrologic and hydraulic analyses including 2D and unsteady-state modeling, drainage improvement design, water quality & LID design, floodplain mapping, floodplain management, development review, bridge, and culvert hydraulics, dam breach & PMF analysis, scour analysis, sediment transport analysis, local and regional stormwater impact and mitigation analysis, urban stormwater management, master planning, and detention/retention design. Clients include TWDB, TXGLO, TxDOT, and counties and municipalities across Texas.
Assist Doucet’s senior management with hiring technical and clerical support staff as needed for the office. Delegate and supervise project tasks to engineers and technicians on the project team. Communicate frequently and effectively with clients, Doucet’s senior management, and project team members consistently by providing updates and progress during all phases of projects. Coordination of project duties with other engineers, surveyors, technicians, and various staff and sub-consultants.Should be able to manage several projects. Report to and work directly with Doucet’s senior management and principals. Attend company meetings, project meetings, and client meetings regularly. This position will require a prominent role in preparing proposals and participating in interviews for securing work for the firm. Present at public venues such as public involvement meetings, outreach informational meetings, etc. Understand and follow the company employee handbook, communication guidelines, and mandated safety policies.Perform the responsibilities of this job in a conscientious, legal, and ethical manner with strong attention to detail. Participate in professional organizations and community leadership programs. Must keep current in job specialty through continuing education. Other duties as assigned.
- You are a graduate of an accredited college or university with a B.S. in Civil Engineering or with Master's emphasis in Water Resources or Environmental Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and water resources planning.
- PE License in the state of Texas or ability to obtain within 6 months from start date.
- You have a working knowledge of applicable software such as ESRI ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, Bentley StormCAD, Civil3D or MicroStation & OpenRoads, and 2D modeling (RAS, XPSMWM, Innovyze InfoWorksICM, EPA-SWMM).
- You are comfortable working with a team of A-players who are engaged and eager to learn and train others.
- You have leadership skills including communication and collaboration, with the ability to coordinate and complete tasks in a team-oriented manner.
- You are adaptable. Doucet is a fast-growing company with ambitious goals!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, prescription, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, generous paid time off, and holiday pay.
- Doucet has a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and numerous additional benefits.
- Salary is a competitive and commensurate with experience
Doucet is an equal opportunity employer
Submit your resumé to HR@doucetengineers.com by clicking the button below: